This year’s winners included newcomer Lupita Nyong’o who won for “Best Supporting Actress” for her role in the movie “12 Years a Slave” and actor Jared Leto for Best Supporting Actor for his role as a transgender man in “The Dallas Buyers Club”.
One of the highlights of the night was when Twitter’s website went down because of too much traffic on the site due to Oscar’s host Ellen DeGeneres’s “selfie” . Ellen twitted a live “selfie” with some of the Hollywood stars at the show and the picture was retweeted more than 1 million times breaking Twitter’s record which was set by President Barack Obama after his re-election.
Another highlight of the night was when Ellen order pizza and gave it to the audience who happily accepted including Harrison Ford and Brad Pitt.
But let’s face it, we watch the Oscars because of the red carpet fashion. Hollywood stars look their best as they hope to win the coveted award.
Take a look at pictures of some of our favorite picks of the night in the slideshow and tell us which one is your favorite.
New York City transplant Dany Tabet, brought a touch of Lebanon’s regal, Middle Eastern, influences to this year’s Fall 2014 show during Nolcha Fashion Week, for a glamorous, high-class experience.
Here is a review of eye-popping looks from this year’s show.
Please view our slideshow for each referenced look.
- Tabet brought a classic feel to his collection with a sleeveless gown, accented with gold, and blue encrusted jewels and a flowing royal blue ankle-length bottom.
- This cream, lace gown, evoked wedding themes and hints of innocence. The piece hugged the subject’s silhouette, perfectly accenting each curve, extending outward from the knees for a little flair. Of course, Tabet thought to include a delicate tail extending a few feet from the dress.
- MET Ball anyone? This long-sleeved, deep blue number, with thoughtful linear sequins, and carefully place layers of opaque and light materials, maintained a strong, yet demure feel, perfect for a gala.
- The only thing missing from this golden, brown piece was a few inches of length removed, a sequined head band with a light feather, extending, as this piece brought a 1920’s flapper feel to the runway.
- Golden figures, carefully positioned throughout this deep, red gown, formed a distinctive diamond shape. Of course the extensive, light trail, complimented the sweetheart -topped piece.
- This semi-Gothic gown, brought hints of edge to an otherwise angelic piece, with black, studded jewels along the waist, extending towards the hips. The veil and black lip were a fitting addition.